Distance

Its so strange, the thought of distance. My best friend spends more or less a year away in another country, comes home and we pick up like i saw her yesterday. Then there are some people "friends" i suppose, who live in the same town, you see every week and it seems like you haven't seen them in a million years, share no interests and are just generally distant.

It puts everything into perspective, when she comes back. There's only one person in the world who i could sit and talk to for hours, about life. Our thoughts, feelings, inner hopes and dreams, shark week for crying out loud! After an evening catching up with the best friend it really makes me think that i want a life. I don't want to be stuck here. We were saying, there are those people who are going to stay in one place, work in a shop for there whole life and be happy with it. I'm not that person.

I don't know what it is about travelling, whether its the thought of meeting new people, experiencing new culture, finding myself, learning new things, remembering old things. It just seems like the right path for me. And there's no bigger place to discover yourself than USA.

I kind of just had to blog to get it all off my chest. It makes me feel a bit better about myself knowing i've told someone this. Even if it is a website. No one understands really. Well they don't understand because i don't really know how to express it in words.

I mean there's a million fire flys out there. But i'm ready to catch just one. I'm ready to leave, take off, discover and learn. Its about time. I've been saying it for about two years now!! Damn that little thing called money. :(

Peace.
X

posted under |

No comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers


Recent Comments